Where wild grape vines climb sheer rock cliffs, and Gambel oaks, cottonwoods and elms provide a shady retreat; Kershaw-Ryan State Park is truly a desert oasis. Natural springs feed the lush landscape, providing a beautiful contrast to the rugged volcanic rock that make up the canyon walls. Situated in colorful Rainbow Canyon, it is a nature lover’s dream.
It is the perfect base-camp for all canyon activities including rock art viewing, rock climbing, and hiking.
- 2-1/2 hours northeast of Las Vegas: I-15 N to US-93 N to HWY 317 S.
- 2-1/2 hours west of Cedar City, Utah: UT-56 W to US-93 S to UT-219 W to HWY 317 S.
- 2-1/2 hours northwest of St. George, Utah: UT-18 N to UT-56 W to US-93 to HWY 317 S.
Know Before You Go
- Electrical hook-ups are not available in the park.
- Visitors are responsible for knowing all park rules and regulations in effect. Detailed rules and regulations are posted at the park.
- Park to Park Pedal-Extreme Nevada 100: 2nd Saturday in October
- Pumpkins in the Park: October
- Winter Wonderland: December
ContactPO Box 985 Caliente, Nevada 89008 Phone: 775.726.3564 Kershaw@lcturbonet.com
Dawn Andone, Park Interpreter
Nevada State Parks: Beaver Dam, Cathedral Gorge, Echo Canyon, Kershaw-Ryan, Spring Valley, and Elgin School House
Visit us on the Web at Nevada Division of State Parks