Rock Art Etiquette
Preserve the Past
- Rock art is very fragile and the application of any material, including water and especially oil from your skin, can cause irreparable damage so please don’t touch, walk, or climb on it.
- Observe and photograph, but leave what you find for future generations.
- Artifacts and rock art on public land are protected; excavating, removing, damaging, or otherwise defacing any archaeological resource is a felony punishable by fines and imprisonment.
- Help protect these resources; report vandalism.
- Bureau of Land Management’s resource protection hotline 800.722.3998