The 2019 Nevada Off Highway Vehicle Summit will take place at the Historic Railroad Depot, on October 31 – November 1, 2019, with a group ride of the local trails on Saturday November 2nd.
This event is hosted by the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources in partnership with the Great Basin Institute, it is free to attend and everyone is encouraged to bring their OHVs for the Saturday ride.
Presentations, panel discussions, and workshops will take place from Thursday at noon through Friday after lunch on topics including: Land mangement updates, OHV Tourism and economic development, securing OHV Grant funding, utilizing the OHV Trail Map and data, and the Avenza Maps mobile mapping application.
The OHV Summit will focus on developments in the OHV grants program, current projects around the state, responsible recreation, and local trails. Our goal for this second annual summit is to identify new project areas, create a collaboration between user groups and land managers, and provide education for responsible recreation.
Thursday 10.31.2019 – Afternoon/Evening
- 12:00 – Registration Opens
- Keynote & presentations
- Evening Reception and No-host cocktails at the Sidetrack Resturant
Friday 11.1.2019 – Morning/Afternoon
- Trails Roundtable and Presentations- Learn about the current and future plans for trail development
- OHV Grants Workshop – Put together a successful grants application based on the initiatives from the NV OHV Program
- Trail Mapping Collaborative Workshop – Bring your GPS/Tablet/Smartphone and learn how to download georeferenced maps and data for use offline or in remote riding areas. We will use the local trails as our workshop exercise data, which can then be used during our Group Ride on Saturday.
- OHV group ride hosted by the Kokopelli ATV Club. (4 to 6 hours) 8:00AM-2:00PM. Bring a sack lunch and come explore the beatiful local trails with us! RIDE MAP, TRAIL DESCRIPTIONS
If you are interested in speaking at the event or hosting a booth, please email Holly Smith at email@example.com with details of your project vision.
Lodging and Camping Options:
- Lodging is available at several hotels in Caliente and nearby Panaca, NV. (Space may be limited, so we suggest making your reservations early.)
- Young’s RV Park in Caliente: https://www.youngsrvpark.com/
- Kershaw-Ryan State Park camping information: http://parks.nv.gov/parks/kershaw-ryan
- Cathedral Gorge State Park is approximately 15 miles away: http://parks.nv.gov/parks/cathedral-gorge
Friendly Reminder: If you are planning to join us for Saturday’s group ride please come prepared with appropriate safety equipment that will ensure you have a GREAT RIDE!
These items should include:
- Long Sleeves & Long Pants
- Eye Protection
- Sturdy Boots
Looking forward to seeing you at the Summit!