Join us for Panaca Elementary PTG’s Annual Fall Festival
Saturaday, October 19th
11:00am to 2:00pm
Bounce Houses – Petting Zoo – Cake Walk – Games – Face Painting – Bobbing for Donuts – Prizes
*Costumes welcome but not required*
$6.00 per child or $30 per family at the festival
Discounted tickets available now at Panaca Elementary $5.00 per child or $25 per family
Food will be available! Plan to grab a bite to eat!
$2.00 each – Scone, Chili, or Hot Dog
$5.00 – Navajo Tacos
Chips, Water, and Soda will also be available
**All proceeds benefit the kids and their school!**
Join Us on October 26th, 2019
for the 2nd Annual Battle Born 3.6 mile trail run in observation of Nevada Day!
This trail run is 3.6 miles for the 36th state into the Union and will be held on the trail courses at Cathedral Gorge State Park. Great scenery and views of the state park and Panaca valley.
The course will be held on the dirt trails at Cathedral Gorge. The course will be marked and is a bit challenging with the stairs to climb to Miller’s Point.
The race will be on October 26th at 8 am. Cost of entry is $45 with a custom race shirt (register by Oct 1st for a guaranteed shirt and/or preferred size. Entry without shirt $35, online registration closes Oct 25th at noon. *There will be a $5 fee per vehicle state park fee, please pile in one car if you can to save money.
**Refunds are not allowed for this race.**
NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION! DUE TO STATE PARK RULES NO MONEY CAN BE EXCHANGED IN PARK. BE SURE TO REGISTER ONLINE OR CONTACT KRISTAL VIA PHONE OR EMAIL, at 775-513-0432 or email@example.com.
Custom Finisher Medals to every finishing registered participant.
Custom Race Shirt to every registered participant that registered for race event w/shirt.
Prize to Top 3 Overall Winners of Race.
Aid Station and Finish line food and drinks.
A FUN TIME!
Halloween Carnival is coming!
The 2019 Nevada Off Highway Vehicle Summit will take place at the Historic Railroad Depot, on October 31 – November 1, 2019, with a group ride of the local trails on Saturday November 2nd.
This event is hosted by the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources in partnership with the Great Basin Institute, it is free to attend and everyone is encouraged to bring their OHVs for the Saturday ride.
Presentations, panel discussions, and workshops will take place from Thursday at noon through Friday after lunch on topics including: Land mangement updates, OHV Tourism and economic development, securing OHV Grant funding, utilizing the OHV Trail Map and data, and the Avenza Maps mobile mapping application.
The OHV Summit will focus on developments in the OHV grants program, current projects around the state, responsible recreation, and local trails. Our goal for this second annual summit is to identify new project areas, create a collaboration between user groups and land managers, and provide education for responsible recreation.
Thursday 10.31.2019 – Afternoon/Evening
- 12:00 – Registration Opens
- Keynote & presentations
- Evening Reception and No-host cocktails at the Sidetrack Resturant
Friday 11.1.2019 – Morning/Afternoon
- Trails Roundtable and Presentations- Learn about the current and future plans for trail development
- OHV Grants Workshop – Put together a successful grants application based on the initiatives from the NV OHV Program
- Trail Mapping Collaborative Workshop – Bring your GPS/Tablet/Smartphone and learn how to download georeferenced maps and data for use offline or in remote riding areas. We will use the local trails as our workshop exercise data, which can then be used during our Group Ride on Saturday.
- OHV group ride hosted by the Kokopelli ATV Club. (4 to 6 hours) 8:00AM-2:00PM. Bring a sack lunch and come explore the beatiful local trails with us! RIDE MAP, TRAIL DESCRIPTIONS
If you are interested in speaking at the event or hosting a booth, please email Holly Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your project vision.
Lodging and Camping Options:
- Lodging is available at several hotels in Caliente and nearby Panaca, NV. (Space may be limited, so we suggest making your reservations early.)
- Young’s RV Park in Caliente: https://www.youngsrvpark.com/
- Kershaw-Ryan State Park camping information: http://parks.nv.gov/parks/kershaw-ryan
- Cathedral Gorge State Park is approximately 15 miles away: http://parks.nv.gov/parks/cathedral-gorge
Friendly Reminder: If you are planning to join us for Saturday’s group ride please come prepared with appropriate safety equipment that will ensure you have a GREAT RIDE!
These items should include:
- Long Sleeves & Long Pants
- Eye Protection
- Sturdy Boots
Looking forward to seeing you at the Summit!